Fiji – a spa tourism destination. Stakeholders, Hoteliers and Spa Therapists working collectively establishing Fiji as an elite Spa Tourism Destination. Spa tourism combines travel with relaxation. Fiji has numerous Resort Spa facilities, with an array of spa services & locally made products reflecting Fiji’s culture & healing remedies. Registered Resort & Spa members of our Association ensures travelers & spa enthusiasts validation of quality services with hygienic & safe practices.
Spa tourism provides guaranteed employment for beauty & spa graduates, creating much needed revenue & female empowerment for the urban & rural women of Fiji. Tourism as the largest foreign exchange earner in Fiji, plays a major role in impacting the livelihood of families nation wide. A CIDESCO qualification in Beauty & Spa allows women from remote villages to aspire a fulfilling career in this rewarding high demand industry.
WHO IS CIDESCO
- Comité International d’Esthétique et de Cosmétologie (CIDESCO)
- Head office – Switzerland
- The World Standard for Beauty & Spa Therapy
- www.cidesco.com This is the official website of CIDESCO the World Standard for Beauty & Therapy.
HOW CIDESCO CAME TO FIJI
- Spa Academy Fiji established 1998 – CIDESCO accredited in 2016
- Debra Sadranu – Director key note speaker -CIDESCO World Congress Dublin 2016 on integration of Training & Tourism. Putting Fiji on the global map
- 2017 approval of CIDESCO Section Fiji at the Mumbai World Congress
- Fiji Resorts – 396 with a total of 11,800 rooms
- Spas – 80% of these Resorts/Hotels operate as Resort & Spa. (key component in providing employment for spa therapists/local women in Fiji)
- SPA Therapy is a tourism sector that requires its own Association for support & governance.
Become A Member
and discover the immediate benefits to your business and career.
Our Aims Are To:
SPABS – CIDESCO Fiji Board Members
South Pacific Association of Beauty & Spa – CIDESCO Fiji Founder & President